Essendine Primary have signed up to a joint project with Triborough Libraries which means that every child will be given their own library card to use in any library in Westminster, Kensington & Chelsea and Hammersmith & Fulham. Today, your child will be given their library card in a zip bag with their name on.
Key points about the library cards:
· Don’t worry if your child already has a library card – just take both cards when you visit the library and speak to a member of staff.
· Membership and borrowing books is free.
· No need to worry about fines if you return the books late – children are not charged.
· You can borrow 20 books at a time, plus eight DVDs; there is a small charge for DVDs.
· Cards also gives access to library computers, School holiday activities including the Summer Reading Challenge and Homework Club on Tuesdays and Fridays during term time.
To mark the launch of the library card, Essendine Primary will be running a library reward scheme. All you have to do to get a £5 Waterstone voucher is visit the library on 10 separate occasions between the dates of 5th March—25th April. When you visit and withdraw books, you will be issued with a receipt as proof. All you have to do is keep it safe in your plastic wallet with your library card and present it to Mr Schofield who will check and issue the voucher. Happy reading!
Gordon Carrick from Maida Vale Library will be talking to the children about their library cards in Monday’s assembly. He has also kindly agreed to come from 8:45 to talk to parents about the library. You will have the chance to get a sign up form for yourself. All you have to do is go to the office straight after dropping your child off. We look forward to seeing you all this Monday.